***The Council accounts are available for inspection 13 July 2020 to 21 August 2020 by contacting the Clerk (contact details are here). The Council will then be eligible to certify itself exempt from audit as a small authority meeting the exemption criteria. Please see the Annual Governance and Accountability Return (Annual Return), Notice of Right to Inspect Accounts and Summary of Electors’ Rights on the Finances page for details.***
The Litter Pick planned for 28 March has been CANCELLED due to the risk of covid19 transmission.
Bob at the Post Office has a list of volunteers willing to help in relation to the covid19 restrictions. If you need any help, for example, to get supplies when you need to stay isolated, please ring him on 368 298.
Advice from Humberside Fire and Rescue Service
“Below are ways you can make your home safer:
- Fit smoke alarms and test them regularly
- Never leave cooking unattended
- Plan and practice your escape route
- Switch off appliances before going to bed – including your cooker
- Ensure all candles, heaters and open fires are extinguished or turned off before going to bed
- Close all internal doors to prevent a fire from spreading
- Share your safety plans with family and friends and look out for the elderly
- In the event of a fire, get out, stay out and dial 999
We have Public Safety teams across the area who are trained to deliver fire safety advice to all households. However, when we receive referrals from partner agencies regarding individuals or households who have shown that they are at greater risk of fire in the home, we will arrange a Safe and Well visit to identify any measures needed to make their home a safer place. Residents can also call 0300 303 8242 to see whether they qualify for a Safe and Well visit or receive one of our information leaflets.”
April 2019 Litter Pick – Thank you to everyone who came along to the parish litter pick. We collected 179kg of rubbish from the verges around Bugthorpe and Kirby Underdale, improving the environment for everyone.
The East Riding mobile library service stops near the Estate Office in Bugthorpe one Monday per month. Please click on the link below to see the timetable.